Hello and welcome to Feed Me Greens, my little vegetarian corner of the internet! I am a health coach, recipe developer, and food photographer in-training. You can learn more about my health coaching business and related background at Erin Wanke Wellness.
I am also a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend, and I spend most of my free time with this crazy crew:
So you’ll hear me talk about them a lot, and in a way, they are part of the reason I’m here! As someone who loves to cook and now has 4 extra mouths around, I am in the kitchen more than ever, and love experimenting around. I started this blog for several reasons:
- I have been vegetarian for 20+ years, but in the beginning (and for a long time actually), I didn’t go about it in the best way. There are tons of unhealthy foods that are technically vegetarian, and during college and shortly after, I chose too many diet sodas, fake meats, processed snacks, and convenience foods. Over time, I started to learn more about how what we eat can affect how we feel, and I started to take notice and make some changes. Now, I focus on eating well balanced, healthy vegetarian meals, and meeting my nutritional requirements to fuel my body and feel my best.
- I know there are many people out there who want to eat meatless more often, but don’t know where to start. Or maybe they live with a spouse, friend, or child who is starting down the path of eating vegetarian and want a resource for how to do it in a healthy way. There are considerations when you chose to eat vegetarian, and I hope to provide helpful information and answers to your questions.
- As you can see above, I live with 4 other people, all of whom have their own tastes and preferences! When you’re cooking for a family, you may be working to make food that only 3 of 5 people will eat, or discovering a recipe you’re really excited to make, only to find that you still have 4 hungry people because they aren’t into the samosa chickpeas (just sayin’). So I wanted to share ideas on how we make it work, with 2 vegetarians and 3 meat eaters in the house.
- I love to cook! I love to try new recipes and old favorites, and as I have gotten more comfortable in the kitchen, I am giving it a whirl making up some of my own. My food photography skills are a work in progress, but bear with me and maybe you’ll notice small improvements over time 🙂
- I truly believe that what we put into our bodies is really important, and I want to make it easy and fun to make good choices. I will share products I love, and be honest about those I don’t. I will research and report on new food and nutrition trends, because I have a science mind and love to dig deep into the WHY and HOW and WHAT and summarize it back to you in a fun and informative way.
Hi! Here I am in my natural habitat, where I spend a lot of my time these days figuring out how to take better food pics!